FUN and Affordable Display
Be a part of the display of Fun and Affordable Vintage airplanes at AirVenture!
Many people who visit Vintage during AirVenture may not realize just how cost-effective it can be to own an airplane of their own. You can help introduce these people to a world of “Fun and Affordable” flying by taking part in our special aircraft display to the east of the Vintage Red Barn!
Just what IS a Fun and Affordable airplane? They’re air-worthy, type certificated “every-day flying” vintage planes that cost between $15,000 and $40,000. They’re great airplanes for anyone, regardless of age, who is just starting out as a pilot as well as seasoned airplane owners who might want to add to their collection.
If your plane is chosen for the showcase, we’ll provide a sign to be placed next to it displaying the average price range, cruise speed, fuel capacity/burn, etc. We ask that you be available to spend some time with your airplane to answer questions and talk with visitors. You may even get to take part in a Flash-Mob interview with Ray Johnson in front of your plane!
Your airplane doesn’t have to be an award winner to be displayed in the Fun and Affordable showcase. It just needs to be well cared for and an example of one of the following aircraft:
Aeronca Chief, Aeronca Champ, Cessna 120 – 140 – 140A, Cessna 150 – 170 – 172, Commonwealth Skyranger, Culver Cadet, Ercoupe, Funk, Interstate Cadet, Luscombe 8E or 8A, Piper Cherokee 140, Piper Tri-Pacer, Piper Pacer, Piper Clipper, Piper Colt, Piper Vagabond, Piper J3 – J4 – J5 Cubs, Porterfield, Stinson 108, or Taylorcraft
• Your aircraft must have been manufactured prior to December 31, 1970
• You must be a current member of both EAA and the Vintage Aircraft Association
• You must request a showcase spot in advance. Space is limited- first come, first served by aircraft type
• Your arrival must be scheduled prior to 10:00 am on Monday, July 26, 2021 and you agree to remain throughout AirVenture
• You may not camp with your aircraft in the showcase area
• We would like you to spend some tiem at your plane talking with visitors, answering questions, and potentially taking part in a live Flash-Mob interview with Ray Johnson at your plane
If you’d like your airplane to be a part of the Fun and Affordable showcase, please complete and submit the form below. One of our volunteer chairmen will be in contact with you. All fields on the form are required.