Frequently Asked Questions
Aeromart is a service of the EAA Vintage Aircraft Association and operated by Vintage Volunteers.
If you have a question that is not answered below, please contact us at the link above.
How do I sign up as a volunteer for AEROMART?
In 2012 the EAA Vintage Aircraft Association took over the operations of Aeromart, and volunteer help would be greatly appreciated, anyone interested in volunteering for Aeromart can contact us here or you may inquire at the Vintage Volunteer Center in front of the Vintage Red Barn or at the Aeromart tent during AirVenture.
To volunteer at Aeromart you must register at the Vintage Volunteer Center in front of the Vintage Red Barn. You may check-in at the Aeromart tent after you have signed up at the Vintage Volunteer booth.
Facts for SELLERS
Can I purchase sales tags in advance?
Yes. Sales tags can be purchased and filled out in advance to speed up your check-in time. You will be assigned a Contract\Vendor number at that time, and most of that contract will be filled out for you for you to finalize when you arrive. To purchase tags in advance, please contact us here.
Can I use my left over sales tags from previous years?
NO. The tag format may change from year to year. Also, each tag is sequentially numbered to help manage the inventory.
Can I fill out the vendor sales contract in advance?
No, however a seller who pre-purchases tags will only have to finalize their Contract, as most of the information will be filled prior to AirVenture. A sample contract can be viewed by clicking on this link.
How do I pay for my tag and sales fees?
Aeromart will accept cash, travelers’ checks, and MasterCard and Visa debit or credit cards. Personal checks will not be accepted. When buying tags you will be asked to present the carbon copy of your vendor sales contract.
What happens if my items don’t sell?
It is your responsibility to retrieve your unsold items, and have them checked out by Aeromart personnel no later than 2pm on Saturday, August 2, 2014.
· Your copy of the sales tag must be surrendered in order to remove the item.
· NOTICE - Any of your items remaining after that time will be considered abandoned and will become a donation to AEROMART, and will either be disposed of or sold independently by Aeromart. This is stated in the consignment agreement that you fill out to receive your Vendor ID #.
Can I have AEROMART store my unsold parts until next year?
NO. It is your responsibility to remove your items from the Aeromart site. Aeromart does not have the facilities to provide such a service.
Can I ship parts to AEROMART in advance, can AEROMART sell them for me?
NO. Aeromart does not have the resources to offer that type of service. You or a person representing you as the seller needs to personally check the items in.
How do I need to package my parts – packaging/display suggestions?
· At the Aeromart site, Aeromart will provide tie-wrap type fasteners that you may use to attach your inventory/sales tags. This will be suitable for attaching the tag to most items. If necessary, the tag can be fastened down to the object with clear packing tape or some other secure method. The tag will need to be removed by the Aeromart volunteers when the item is purchased, so plan accordingly.
· Multiple items intended to be sold as a set should be securely fastened together, or bagged to keep all the items together. Rope works well for tires. Clear plastic wrap or bags will work well for most items.
The item to be sold should be attached to the tag, if an item is included in a box please consider removing the item from the box before being checked-in.
· NOTICE – During the week of AirVenture, many people will handle the items – package your items to avoid damage, as the parts are still your property until sold.
· Large parts may need to be displayed outdoors. BE PREPARED to provide cover for items that could be damaged in poor weather – plan accordingly.
Can I change my asking price during the week?
Yes, however you must notify the Aeromart volunteers that you wish to change the price of your item. You will need to take the item to the Front Desk with your contract and tag copy, surrender the old sales tag (which will be voided), and then purchase a new tag that you can fill out with the new price information. Aeromart feels this is the best way to track the change. Try to price your item appropriately the first time if you want to sell it.
I have multiple large parts to sell, some are very heavy; will I be able to unload these items?
Probably. Volunteers will be available to help you if necessary. However, we will be assisting many sellers and appreciate it if you can be as self sufficient as practical. If necessary, a forklift could be made available upon request. There will be a small area next to Aeromart where you can park while unloading your items, and we will be encouraging everyone using the area to unload and check-in as quickly as possible to avoid traffic congestion. If you have multiple heavy items on a small trailer we may be able to fit the entire trailer into the outside sales area, pending available space. We recommending contacting Aeromart in advance to make sure your needs can be accommodated.
Since space is limited around the Aeromart Tent, we ask that you limit the time your vehicle is parked by the Tent to 15 minutes.
Facts for BUYERS
How do I remove purchased parts from the area?
Items are purchased as is – where is. Smaller purchased items are usually carried out at the time of purchase. It is the responsibility of the buyer to determine how to remove large items from the area, however, pick up should be discussed with the Aeromart volunteers in advance to arrange for access and help if needed. Most normal commercial shipping methods (UPS, FedEx, Parcel Post, freight truck) are available in the Oshkosh area, and the buyer is responsible for making all arrangements. However, the Aeromart volunteers will do their best to help out when able.
How do I pay for my parts?
Aeromart will accept cash, travelers’ checks, MasterCard and Visa debit or credit cards. Personal checks will not be accepted.
Will AEROMART hold my parts for me during the fly-in? Until after the fly-in?
Large items will be marked as “sold” until pick up can be arranged. Smaller parts should be carried out at the time of purchase. If needed, some bulky parts can be marked as “sold” held for a reasonable time (<2 hours) while the purchaser gets help or arranges for pick up. The purchaser will be requested to provide proof of the purchase when claiming the part.
· NOTICE – once purchased items become the property of the Buyer. Also, Aeromart closes at 5 PM daily and the site is locked up. If you need to make special arrangements, you will need to work with the Aeromart staff to accommodate your needs.
Is there an AEROMART warranty? How do I know the parts are good?
Buying an item at Aeromart is strictly on an “as is – where is” condition. It is not practical to expect that Aeromart volunteers will have any knowledge of an item’s history or suitability. The purpose of Aeromart is to provide a means to transfer property from the Seller, to you the Buyer.
Can I leave an offer for the Seller?
The inventory tag does not provide an option for a counter offer. However, for larger items the Aeromart staff may be able to contact the Seller on your behalf.